APPLYING TO TCML 2018
APPLICATIONS TO TCML 2018 ARE NOW CLOSED - THANK YOU TO ALL OF THIS YEAR'S APPLICANTS. C
- There is no application fee to apply to TCML.
- Application deadline is February 1, 2018.
- Anyone who self-identifies as an early-career performer or composer is eligible to apply.
- You can apply as an ensemble, performer, or composer.
- Previous TCML performers may re-apply for TCML 2018. Due to limited space for composers, previous TCML composers cannot reapply as a composer but may reapply as a performer or as part of an ensemble.
If you have any questions about the application process, or have any specific accessibility concerns regarding applications that the TCML team can assist with, including requesting to submit an application in a non-written format (i.e. as an audio or video file), please feel free to get in touch.
Ensembles // Performers who apply as part of an ensemble will be required to play in two working groups—one will be the ensemble with which they applied and the other will be a working group with other TCML participants. An individual representative for an ensemble should apply on behalf of the group. This person will be responsible for communications between TCML organizers and ensemble members. If selected, each ensemble member will complete individual registration, and pay the $160 fee.
Individual performers and composers // If you are interested in participating in TCML as both a composer and as a performer, you are permitted to submit two separate applications—one in each category—and both will be considered. However, you can only be accepted in one category.
- Participants are chosen through a blind process convened by TCML organizers
- The selection committee includes members of the TCML team (those unfamiliar with the personal info of applicants) and invited guest artists.
- Written statements of intent are the most important elements of the application
- Technical and aesthetic assessments of the applicant's supporting materials are a secondary consideration—with your support material, show us what you value in the music you make not what you may anticipate as being valued by a jury.
- Selected participants will be contacted in March, working groups will be introduced in early April
- Artists who are not selected will be notified in March