Congratulations! You have been accepted to participate in TCML 2018!
You will be registered for TCML 2018 once you have completed both steps below (ensembles will be registered once every member has completed the registration). The registration process must be completed by Friday April 6, 2018 to ensure your participation in TCML2018. If you decide not to participate, we request that you contact us as soon as possible.
1.Pay PARTICIPANT Fee
- Click the button to pay the registration fee of $160 CAD (Your fee is part of the operating costs of the workshop and will support preparations for delivering the best experience for you and the other TCML artists)
- More information on what the fee covers and what you will need to budget for during TCML 2018 appears on the fee page when you click through
2.Complete Participant Survey
- Click the button to reach the TCML participant survey
- Please fill out the mandatory fields of the survey (this survey will help us track emergency contact information, dietary requirements, and housing needs)
- Included in the survey is a media release form, and liability waiver
- $140 will be refunded for cancellation requests made before April 13, 2018
- $75 will be refunded for cancellation requests made between April 14, 2018 and May 11, 2018
- No Refund will be given for cancellation requests received on or after May 12th, 2018
Once all of the participants have registered (paid the fee, filled out the survey, and uploaded artist information), the TCML team will begin to facilitate housing (for those artists requesting it) and the introduction of the working groups.
Our housing program is a community volunteer led effort. Members of the Toronto contemporary music community and beyond donate spare bedrooms, couches, and air mattresses for TCML participants to use for the duration of the workshop. While we make every effort to find those who need a place to stay, we cannot guarantee everyone will have a private bedroom. If you are from outside of Toronto and would prefer to handle your own accommodations please let us know in the participant survey.
Additionally, we will be putting you in touch with your collaborators shortly following the registration deadline. Here is what you can anticipate:
- COMPOSERS: you will receive information on the musicians and the instrumentation for your piece. You must deliver a draft of a piece no longer than five minutes in length by May 18, 2018.
- MUSICIANS/ENSEMBLES: you will find out who you are playing with and who is writing for you. Your group's composer will deliver a draft of the piece to you by May 18, 2018 and you are expected to prepare for the piece prior to the TCML workshop week. A reminder that members of pre-formed ensembles will take part in two working groups, and thus work with two different composers. Individual musicians often sign up to take part in two working groups in order to connect with more participants.
- GROUP FACILITATION: The TCML team is planning to help get group introductions and workflow off to a quick start prior to the workshop. In mid April, a TCML organizer will facilitate a video conference meeting for your group. This is intended to establish your communications, and allow us greater insight into your preparations, and needs as a group.
TCML 2018 Schedule
- Saturday June 9, 2018 - Participants arrive, welcoming event in the evening.
- Sunday June 10 - Saturday June 16 - TCML rehearsal and professional development sessions run from 9am-6pm. Expect an intense week that requires your complete focus and presence.
- Thursday June 14 and Saturday June 16 - TCML concerts in the evening.
- Sunday June 17 - TCML 2018 optional closing event/ participants travel home.
A more detailed schedule will be delivered in mid-April. If you have any questions at this point, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to working with you, and excited for this year's event!